Kōena's Favorite Beauty Tips - Eyes
Everybody's beauty is a little different and unique. With the right products we can enhance our natural beauty in us!
Tropical Eyelash Serum for Expressive Eyes
1 tsp Mango butter, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp kukui nut oil (rich in omega-3 fatty acids which promotes hair growth) and 1 tsp vitamin E oil.
Mix all ingredients together, fill it in a jar and before you go to bed, apply it with a cotton swab carefully on the base of your lashes; be careful to not rub it into your eyes.
The mix helps to strengthen the lashes and stimulates growth.
Caffeine Mix for Awake Eyes
Drink a cup of coffee and it will be no surprise to you that the caffeine has a nice wake-up effect. But coffee has also a wonderful calming effect if applied ON the skin.
Try it out:
- Prepare a small cup of fresh ground coffee (ideally from Maui) and mix it with passion fruit (maracuja) or coconut oil.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take two cotton pads and soak up the cooled powder-liquid mix. Slightly wring them out by pressing the pads together.
- Lie down comfortably on an armchair and put the coffee pads on your eyes, listen to the Hawaiian radio station "HAWAIIAN 105 KINE" and relax.
Green Tea Treatment for De-Puffing Eyes
First things first and a general advice: drink green tea (filtered through real green leaves) as often as you can! It is a great drink to keep you healthy. Recommended is one cup a day.
Here is my recipe for de-puffing eyes:
- Take a small cup, pour in some of the green tea and leave it to cool in the refrigerator.
- Take two cotton pads and soak the pads in the cooled tea, take them out, press the pads together so they are not too wet.
- Add a small amount of pulp from a real aloe Vera plant on the cotton pad.
- Put the two pads on your eyes and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Tropical Eye Smoothie
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend and enjoy the taste of health:
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup homemade coconut milk (3/4 cup coconut meat or flakes in a blender together with 200 ml water - mixing for 1 minute, finished coconut milk mhhh… delicious, without unnecessary sugar or preservatives)
Power Fruits for Healthy Eyes
With healthy food you can improve not only your general health but also your eyes. Regularly eat or drink plants and fruits of dark, leafy greens like spinach, kale, and white cabbage. Avoid drinking alcohol and better quit smoking ;-)
Smoking isn't just bad for your lungs, it can affect your look, too. Some smokers get a grey veil on the skin. Not so beautiful, right?
Atemoya is a boost for your body and keeps you healthy by lowering blood pressure levels. Vitamin B and C will reduce inflammation and the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Dragon fruit has become very popular in the last few years and there is a good reason for it: it is full of vitamins (A and C) as well as carotene. They nourish and protect the cornea which leads to better low-light and color vision. Besides all the health benefits, it also tastes great!
Jackfruit offers similar benefits as Dragon Fruits and is also a vitamin A & C booster. In addition, it may help to prevent vision-related problems like AMD and cataracts.
Mangosteen is a true tropical power fruit. Precious B complex vitamins are bundled together with vitamin C. Studies indicate that it might reduce macular degeneration and other healing properties. Mangosteen also contains xanthones which inhibit the growth of cancerous cells.
Rambutan is rich of vitamin C, bioflavonoids, antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.